Richards-Wilcox Twin-Trak® Side-by-Side Conveyors
combine exceptional power and free capabilities with a side-by-side track configuration. No other side-by-side conveyor offers a guaranteed (and consistent) medium-to-high capacity solution in times when limited overhead space is available for continuous product storage and transportation.
Can be built from pre-existing Richards-Wilcox systems, such as Safe-Rail and Zig-Zag.
Once a Safe-Rail® monorail or a Zig-Zag chain conveyor system is in place, standard in-stock Richards-Wilcox parts can be added to create a Twin-Trak power and free system.
Eleven Standard Zig-Zag Components
Twin-Trak® uses the same standard components as Richards-Wilcox chain conveyors.
Eight Standard Safe-Rail Components
Twin-Trak® uses the same standard components as Richards-Wilcox standard monorails.
Control Systems Twin-Trak® is available with a variety of state-of-the-art control components, ranging from simple PLC-based controls to complex PC-based routing and tracking systems.
Twin-Trak® combines a 3/16" plate steel load track with carrier handling up to 1000 lbs. for maximum flexibility.
Twin-Trak® provides switching into and out of main line of travel in greater frequency (at closer load centers) than other power and free designs.
Range from 125 to 1,000 pounds
• Optimizes low headroom because of its side-by-side configuration.
• Can be installed in facilities having insufficient headroom for other power and free equipment.
• Increases throughput with controlled accumulation.
• Eliminates the typical wait time associated with storage banks.
• Minimizes floor space requirements by storing work-in-process overhead, calling it down in the quantity and order needed at each operation.
• Optimizes production by ensuring that the right parts arrive at the correct operation in a continuous flow, especially when rates of production differ between operations.
• Eliminates product rehandling and manual transporting by integrating finishing and assembly processes into one material handling system.
• Maintains a traveling record of work-in-process, logging information on where the product has been and where defects may have occurred.
• Paint Finishing Systems
• Investment Cast Mold Delivery
• Extrusion Finishing
• Progressive Assembly
• WIP Buffer Storage
• Comber Lap Delivery
• Sliver Can Delivery
• Aerospace Refinishing
• Fiber Delivery
Automotive Manufacturing Applications
Eaton Corporation – Kearney, Nebraska
Richards-Wilcox designed and configured a unique conveyor design for this supplier of engine valves for every automaker and engine manufacturer in the world. The conveyor system featured over 2,000 feet of track and chain in a single line, with an estimated 12,000 feet of track for the entire system of 6 lines.
If you need a large quantity of this product, call us at 1-800-338-1382 for additional bulk discounts!